Sunday, October 23, 2011

I was Googled

I met a guy at a bar a bit ago ... yeah, I met a guy in a bar ... and actually hit if off with him. Too soon to tell anything. But he did reveal to me last night that he Googled me and told me the kind of info he found. I was surprised about what he found out there ... and flattered too. You only Google people you like - first to make sure they are who they say they are and second to rule out serial killer, married and hiding it and all sorts of unsavory stuff. To get back to what he found ... well ... he found this: my blog, the blog I stopped updating because tax season in the year of 2009 was one of my busiest. And I never picked it back up because I had to give up my IMCA 2009 dreams when I suddenly needed emergency surgery to fix a rupture that caused nerve damage. And then I never picked it back up because I had to sell my bikes and training gear to help pay for the surgery. I never picked it back up because my recovery was long. I never picked it back up because I was no longer an athlete. I never picked it back up because I retreated and needed to figure out who I was if I wasn't and couldn't be an Ironman anymore.

I guess I had to meet a guy in a bar who Googled me to see if I was a serial killer and instead found my blog to find a part of myself again. I still don't have a bike .... but I've decided to pick it back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment